Todd, I am not sure that I am game to try your suggestion...I'll have to
think some more on that one,  I don't understand enough technically to know
why that would work, however, I'll take your word for it.  Thanks also for
taking the time to try to help this damsel in distress.

Peter, I see that you understand my confusion here, especially being a past
owner of the exact same lens.

Even if we don't solve the mystery of making it work on the MZ-50, I guess
we have at least learnt the possible menaing of the "A" in PKA, thanks to
Todd!

Now please go to bed and sleeeeeeep, I'd hate to be the cause of your brain
exploding due to exhaustion! hehe.

Thanks for your help, I dare say that I will look for your further responses
tonight (Monday) which will then be your Monday morning and you should be
refreshed and ready for me to pick that brain of yours once again! ;-D

PS Where in the UK are you located?

Tanya.