Bruce and Lon observed:

Bruce: "...I'm not a huge fan of cropping out part of the head"

Lon: "I wouldn't change a thing, and this violates one "rule" I've heard of
never to crop a person's head in a portrait."

Fairygirl says:

"The best thing to do with rules is to learn them really well, and then to
learn how to break them even better..."

Here's my middle son, one of my all time favourite pics, still makes me melt
when I see it:

http://www.tanyamayer.com/heir/kidsgallery.html

My eldest son:

http://www.tanyamayer.com/heir/kids/pages/i.html

Both boys:

http://www.tanyamayer.com/heir/kids/pages/d.html

And just to keep you guys interested (this is my sister by the way, the one
I always whinge about):

http://www.tanyamayer.com/fairmaidens/pages/o.html

And one for the girls just for good measure:

http://www.tanyamayer.com/fairmaidens/pages/k.html

This one has always been one of my favourites:

http://www.tanyamayer.com/fairmaidens/pages/i.html

Gosh, I didn't realise it, but looking through my site, it appears that I
have developed into a "serial head cropper"...

It must be just one of those things that makes me, me... <vbg> (to quote the
great tv)...

tan.