From: "Tanya Mayer Photography" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Cheap bastards? -was: Down off my "high-horse"... with a thump.
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 13:36:02 +1000

graywolf, I very rarely shoot the reception. I generally shoot them
entering the reception venue. Some still lifes of the table settings, cake
etc., a mock-up cake cutting and a mock-up bridal waltz. That's it.
Reception coverage over. I find usually that by this point they are so sick
of being happy and smiley for the cameras and just want me to get out of
their faces so that they can party on. This is when I make my exit. Of
course, very different for the likes of tv, as PJ hasn't caught on and isn't
requested very often in these parts, except for the odd requested shot of
the back of the dress, hands and rings etc... But they aren't even PJ shots
anyways as they are completely set up...

But, by the same token, I don't shoot just "portraits and ceremony" either.
I usually spend an hour or two before the ceremony with them to shoot the
preparations etc, then getting in car, arriving at church etc, ceremony,
family shots after ceremony, and then the bulk of the time is spent doing
location photography (about 2 hours) after the ceremony.  Usually on
somebody's property (you call it a ranch) with cows, and yards, horses and
other country paraphenelia etc.  Last on their priority is the reception,
and I usually arrive there with about one roll of film left, and when that
runs out, it is home time....

tan.

The new MSN 8: advanced junk mail protection and 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/bcomm&pgmarket=en-ca&RU=http%3a%2f%2fjoin.msn.com%2f%3fpage%3dmisc%2fspecialoffers%26pgmarket%3den-ca