Peter,

forgive me, here I am totally confused and this is probably only due to my
own lack of knowledge and experience here.  The lens is a Tamron 135/2.5
with the adaptall mount that says PKA on it.  There is no "a" setting on the
aperture ring.  (I take it that this is what the "A" in PKA stands for?
Shows how much I know).  So if it is not a true PKA and it is not quite a
PK, I guess I am stuck between a rock and a hardplace here.  Can anybody
else offer some suggestions?  Well, at least I do know that I can use it in
TV mode and compensate when I am not using it wide open.  This was more than
I could do a couple of days ago!  Thanks everyone for the time you've spent
with me on this....

Tanya.