On 9 Jan 2004 at 23:42, Dag T wrote:

> I agree, the cost of high quality silicon wafers per area has been
> constant for decades.  More than doubling the area will increase the
> prize, as well as the demand for calculating power, memory, speed etc.
> It is in the professional prize range anyway, so why not based the FF
> sensors on the 645 system.

I could not agree less on both counts. Silicon wafer growth has been constantly
increasing in diameter as has purity and yield, silicon even as huge wafers is
getting cheaper by the day.

Pentax would be fools for not implementing a 24x36 mm sensor in a 35mm camera,
surely you'd expect that they'd fit a FF 645 sensor in a 645 body or are Pentax
shooters that damned cheap? :-(

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998