On Mon, 12 Jan 2004, Shel Belinkoff wrote:
> So what's up with the Sigma SD-10?  It's reported to be a 10+ mpx dslr,
> yet it's rarely if ever mentioned here.  is there some about it that
> makes it a dog, or is it one of those unrecognized and under appreciated
> cameras that we sometimes hear about too late?

Well, this is a Pentax list.  I'm not sure why we would talk about
Sigma cameras (but that is more on topic than 50% of what is on this
list anyway...this list has really gone downhill).

The Sigma D-SLRs use 3.3mp sensors that capture full R, G, and B for
each pixel.  They are advertising this as a 10mp camera, but that is
not really true.  I personally think that the images compare pretty
well to 6mp D-SLRs but they are far short of what you see from the
11mp Canon.

I don't think that I would buy a camera from a 3rd party lens
manufacturer.  With a Pentax/Nikon/Canon/Minolta camera you can buy
lenses from many sources (Pentax, Sigma, Tokina, Tamron, etc).  With a
Sigma camera you can only buy lenses from Sigma.

alex