> So what's up with the Sigma SD-10?  It's reported to be a 10+ mpx dslr,
> yet it's rarely if ever mentioned here.  is there some about it that
> makes it a dog, or is it one of those unrecognized and under appreciated
> cameras that we sometimes hear about too late?

It's not really a 10+mpix dslr; it's a 3.3+mpix dslr, but one which
measures R,G & B values at every pixel (it uses the Foveon sensor).
Sigma call it a 10MP camera because it takes as many samples as a
digital camera with a 10MP Bayer-pattern sensor.

It doesn't have the spatial resolution of a 6MP *ist-D (or even a D2H),
but it doesn't suffer from chrominance aliasing or any of the other
artifacts created by Bayer interpolation.

For some purposes it will out-perform the *ist-D or the Nikon D2H.
On other subjects it won't perform much better than a 3.3MP Optio.