Someone here must know this:

In the early 60's (maybe '61?) Life Magazine published a famous photo of a boy hearing for the first time. The look of joy and astonishment on his face is unbelievable.

My roomate and I are at loggerheads. She says he's hearing for the first time due to a new hearing aid. I say that yes, he was wearing a hearing aid, but the ability to hear is due to a cochlear implant.

Can anyone recall the photographer? The issue of Life? (Most importantly) Whether I'm right? I've tried googling this, to no avail.

tanx,
frank

Add photos to your e-mail with MSN 8. Get 2 months FREE*. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/photos&pgmarket=en-ca&RU=http%3a%2f%2fjoin.msn.com%2f%3fpage%3dmisc%2fspecialoffers%26pgmarket%3den-ca