Hi,

I knew I had it here somewhere! It is reprinted in the book "Life -
Classic Photographs" edited by John Loengard.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0821217143/qid=1074190378/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_8_1/026-2181576-5270835

The picture is not the same as the one in Kobre's book. The 'Life'
picture is by James M. Kubus and was in the May, 1993 edition of the
magazine. It is of 4-year-old Brian Siclare hearing his first sound at
a Pittsburgh clinic after a surgical transplant stimulated his inner
ear. They don't say whether or not it was a cochlear implant.

--
Cheers,
 Bob