The latest HP 8 color printer is reported to be the best B&W printer
out right now.  The HP 7960 - the two extra colors are dark and light
gray or some such.  Do some surfing and see what you can find out.

--
Best regards,
Bruce

JCOC> What is the current simplest solution for doing
JCOC> HIGH QUALITY B&W digital prints. I'd like to be
JCOC> able to do 13" wide prints like my epson 1280,
JCOC> but create BW prints that look like wet prints, something
JCOC> the standard 1280 & inks CANT DO. Not even close.
JCOC> JCO
JCOC>    J.C. O'Connell   mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://jcoconnell.com