On 23 Jan 2004 at 17:31, Steve Desjardins wrote:

> I also shoot ***L (*ist D for highest quality/res jpeg).  It's easily
> sufficient unto the task.  If I need better, I can switch to Tiff or Raw
> on the fly.  To be honest, however, unless I'm also using a tripod there
> probably isn't much point.

I've found RAW to be an advantage WRT brightness range and shadow detail in
some specific instances (ie hand held low light shooting) however I can
generally get away with saving JPEG in camera. I really can't see any clear
advantage in saving TIFF in camera.

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998