> I have noticed that objects in the edges get distorted (pulled
> long) but I guess this is normal for such lenses (I noticed my new
> to me K18/3.5 does that too).

It is normal (and unavoidable) for normal rectilinear wide-angle
lenses to do this - it is the result of the wide-angle perspective.
(And, while it is "distortion" in a general sense, that is not what
is referred to as distortion in a lens.)  The abnormality to watch
out for is true distortion, where straight lines near the edge of
the filed end up being bowed out (barrel distortion) or bowed in
(pincushion distortion).

Fred