> the mount is strangely corroded but seems to work OK

I wonder what sort of corrosion it has, Raimo.  I once had an M*
300/4 that was in overall great shape, except that it had been
corroded on the surface of the K-mount flange (I assumed it had been
left on a body with some water between the body flange and the lens
flange).  In my case, the corrosion had eaten away some of the
chrome surface of the flange in some areas, but did not affect its
functionality (and, besides, you couldn't see the corrosion when the
lens was mounted on a body - <g>).

Fred