----- Original Message -----
From: "Herb Chong"
Subject: Re: The problem with digital

> hard drives at at 300G now and even if you rotate between one hard drive
in
> your computer and two for backups, it's under $1K to provide dual backups.
> if you backup using writeable DVD, then 300G is even cheaper.

For me it's not an issue with storage, it's an issue about keeping so much
stuff that I get buried in it.
Over the course of my life, I have destroyed close to 50,000 negatives
because they were meaningless to me for one reason or another.
We're not talking jigh art here, we are talking record shots that are no
longer relevant, or test shots on film that is no longer available, or on
equipment that I no longer have, and that sort of thing.
If an image fails on so many levels, both esthetically and technically that
it isn't salvagable, then I don't see any reason to keep it.
It's taking up space, and it is one more image to fish through if I do want
to print one of the good ones.

William Robb