From: "Daichi Saeki (QA/EMC)"
Subject: digital ei-100 usb problems

> Hey,
> does anyone still use the ei-100/200? I hadn't used mine in a couple of
months but since then I've upgraded my computer (asus a7n8x) and win2k.  It
used to work fine with Win98/Me, but now I get USB errors.  The ports
themselves are fine, I have a scanner (lide 80) at 2.0 (I'm pretty sure
since my friend has a lide 30 and its so much slower)

> I would describe the error but its in Japanese (I run win2k japanese).
Basically I connect the cam, you get the "new hardware found" window, it
tries to automatically update (I installed the driver from pentax) and then
it gives that window that looks like it finished but it says error, bad
connection or something like that.  (And I don't get the option to choose
the driver)