I guess the african bushmen, who chose to continue to live in the bush would have a hard time dealing with digital cameras. Though it seems to me they would also have a hard time dealing with film too.

Somehow, I never considered 3 world to mean primitives. Something tells me that someone who lives in a city, and has a disposable income is not what Bob W considers a 3rd worlder, but most of us do.

No one who has no disposable income, is much of a market for anything. Whether they live in the US, and there are a lot of them here, or in Europe, or the veldt of africa does not matter. I myself may be at the lowest level where hobbies, are possible, as mine do take food out of my mouth as it is. So someone pushing a shopping cart down the street with all their worldly belongings in it is not going to buy much of anything.

--

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Bob posted:

I was not making that assumption or making that claim about film and
batteries, and I'm not making anti-digital arguments. You're putting
words into my mouth.

When was the last time you were in a 3rd world country? No need for
infrastructure to support a laptop? You make me laugh!

It might be helpful if you could be very clear about what, to you, constitutes a Third World country. My mother lives in one. With a laptop and a digital camera.

-- graywolf http://graywolfphoto.com

"You might as well accept people as they are,
you are not going to be able to change them anyway."