I disagree.  I think they decided since they don't have a BabyD to
show at PMA, that they better do something to fill in the gaping hole
before all the water runs out.  The *istD is in the same class as the
10D Canon and Nikon D100 not the 300D or D70.

Dropping their price seems a very odd move to me.  If a BabyD is not
very far off, they will have to price it even lower to not cannibolize
their *istD sales.  Nikon has a similar problem with the D70 being
spec'ed the way it is.

--
Best regards,
Bruce

JCOC> I guess even Pentax decided it was "overpriced" in todays market.
JCOC> JCO
JCOC> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
JCOC>    J.C. O'Connell   mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://jcoconnell.com

JCOC> -----Original Message-----
JCOC> From: Christian [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
JCOC> Sent: Friday, January 30, 2004 4:32 PM
JCOC> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
JCOC> Subject: DSLR price wars?

JCOC> Did anyone see this:?

JCOC> http://www.pentaxusa.com/news/news_display.cfm?pressid=174

JCOC> should be interesting to see what happens to the street price.

JCOC> Christian