Hi Boros,

Boros Attila wrote:

> "The AE-L button on the back, right hand side of the camera (where your
> thumb falls naturally) is used to either spot meter or lock the exposure
> value (using evaluative metering). So what if you want to have spotmetering
> available at all times and still be able to lock exposure? Use PF-5 set to
> #1 will turn the AE-L button into the spotmeter lock and set PF-6 to #2
> which will lock the exposure value when focus is confirmed."
>
> Is this correct? So with these settings I focus on a certain point, depress
> the shutter release halfway and I just locked the exposure (I assume this
> will be matrix metered). I recompose the picture, focus again, depress the
> shutter release halfway (for the second time)... and now what? The locked
> exposure remains or it will be erased? (According to the manual, PF-6 set to
> 2 means "AE lock is used when a subject is focused with shutter release
> button is depressed halfway down". I'm a little bit confused here. And if
> the exposure locks, for how much time is locked, and how can I erase it if I
> change my mind?

I'm not familiar with this camera but it sounds like Ae lock is only
held whilst the shutter button is halfway depressed.  It is unlocked
once you release it.

> Some newbie questions:
> Can I unmount the lens from the camera while it is loaded with film without
> accidentally exposing the film?

Yes, as long as the shutter is not open as you do it.

> Should I store my camera with the lens mounted, or it's better to take it
> off?

Your choice but you need to use caps  on the open parts if it is off.

> Can I keep it all the time in the camera bag?

Your choice, again.

Welcome to the list!

mike