Welcome (as from Romanian to Romanian).
Guess what camera I have... :)
Pentax is, imo, a good choice in Romania. You have to try very hard to find
a Nikon camera (and even then, it'll be something like F65), or Canon lenses
(I only saw Canon kits)  - I'm talking about new items; unfortunately,
Pentax sh lenses&cameras are much harder to find. And don't be sad if you
look at similar cameras from others manufacturers which looks better
featured. Just try them for 5 min - you'll never want to touch those plastic
toys again!
Hmmm... should I recommend you a battery grip? I think the camera feels
better with it, except when you use a tripod :(

Another reason: I guess you've purchased the camera from Focus94 (as you
also have a Nova bag and a Rodenstock filter). Imo, they are nice people,
and the Pentax certified service is another plus.

Boris already answered your questions. Try experimenting with a (not so
powerful) light source in the middle of the frame.
Btw: as you suspected, when you depress the shutter release halfway, the
camera will always use matrix(or centerweight for old lenses) metering,
regardless of the PF-5. Spot metering is available only via the AE-L button
(with PF5 to Sp).

I keep the camera with the lens mounted, I don't want to stress the lens
mount (it's already have a slight mark from mounting/unmounting the lens. I
don't dare to think what the lens mount would look if it was made from
plastic!)
I guess for long term storage, you'll want to throw some silicagel in the
box/bag, or keep it on a dry, ventilated place.

Alex Sarbu