On 30/1/04, [EMAIL PROTECTED] disgorged:

>> Congrats on your purchase Bill - glad to see that you're making use of
>> FireWire - incidentally, AFAIK an Apple invention (d'oh! sorry) -
>>

>Not so fast Mr. Cottrell.
>Query me this:
>I am using a USB2 card reader right now, and standard plain Jane CF cards.
>What is firewire going to do for me that the USB2 reader isn't doing now in
>the download time department?

Oh hardly a thing! If you already have USB 2 then I see no point at all
in buying a Firewire card reader. The two methods are so close that
unless someone gives you a reader, stick with what you have. I didn't
realise that you already had a USB 2 reader. I'm pretty sure that
IEEE1394 (Firewire iLink, call it what you will) was developed by a
certain computer manufacturer who will remain nameless - but I could be
wrong on that...

USB 2 and Firewire and even SCSI are excellent methods of connectivity....

Cheers,
  Cotty

___/\__
Free UK Mac Ads www.macads.co.uk