Hi again,

Well, I have been offered the following lens for au$195.

http://www.photo.net/photodb/image-display?photo_id=191726&size=lg

http://www.photo.net/photodb/image-display?photo_id=191724&size=lg

Could you guys offer me some advice as to whether or not this would be a
good buy (I can't afford to "waste" the money that I am able to spare for
this)?

I am looking at it as a replacement to the Sigma 28-80mm/3.5-5.6 Macro, that
I lost in the PZ-1P accident.  I have been told that this Vivitar is a very
good lens and have found it listed on the "Cult Third Party Lenses" web
page.  However, I would still like to know these things;  Would it be a
suitable replacement to the lens I lost, or would it be worse/better?  Is
the au$195 (approx. US$90) a fair price to pay?  Will this lens be able to
be used on my MZ-50 with the meter functioning correctly?  (I have been told
that it is a PKA mount, but that there is no "a" setting on the aperture
ring?!?)  How well does this lens perform in its "macro" mode?

Following the loss of my Sigma lens, which although was very slow, I no
longer have a zoom lens in any way shape or form, nor do I have anything
that has macro capabilities.  Those of you that have seen my stuff on
photo.net will know that I have recently acquired a growing interest in
macro and close up photography, so I am desperate to at least replace the
lens that I lost, to upgrade it would be even better, but its that funny
thing called "lack of money" stopping me yet again....

Thanks for any advice you guys can give on this...

Tanya.