aimcompute wrote:

> Going off on a tangent again... The dead horse reminded me of Dead Horse
> Canyon State Park in Utah where we visited two years ago.  Very picturesque
> and Grand Canyon-like.  It's adjacent to Canyon Lands National Park.  We had
> Kit Fox pups right in our camp site. And believe it or not,  just as we
> passed the entrance sign, there actually was a dead horse lying in the
> ditch.

Dead Horse point is one of my fave places in all the world - and
when he discovered my love for canyonlands, Wheatfield had privately mailed me
his tale of adventure
there (which see posted here somewhere) .  Went down the Shaeffer (Shatter? i
cant spell worth a damn)
trail in a 4 wheel subaru wagon and that was no bargain either - scary as hell.
But I digress...

Please pules tell me you took a picture of the dead horse by the sign!  My kinda
stuff. :) -  UM the
juxtaposition of sign and horse, of course, not the poor dead beast.-  (Given
the horsey did not
look too revolting as a corpse.)

My sad photo tale of Dead Horse Point is that my stock agency sold a picture of
mine to be used
on one of Edward Abbey's books being reprinted in paper (a  year after his
demise, approx.) - I
was so elated when I found out the purpose I could have turned down the scratch
- then the
publishers used a diff pic (mine was horizontal, other one was vertical)  sob,
sob.  But I did
get paid, anyway.  The good news was the book was rather poorly designed and the
picture they
ended up using was printed the size of a postage stamp against a confusing
background.  Still,
the Abbey connection would have pleased me a lot.

annsan