On 2 Feb 2004 at 12:18, Daichi Saeki (QA/EMC) wrote:

> Are you honestly telling me that 600$CDN = ~ 450$USD is worth a scrappy little
> paper saying "warranty"?  Fortunately I've never had to deal with warranty
> issues for cameras but when it comes down to my audio equipment, my car etc.
> fighting for the damn warranty is a challenge in itself.

We are talking of a digital camera here, problems will and do occur far more
often than with film cameras. It's for the purpose of local warranty support
that I chose to make my *ist D purchase local, a thing that I rarely do if
purchasing lenses or other photographic peripherals.

Mine will be going back under warranty when I get the opportunity as it has
developed problems.

Cheers,

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998