Hi

I have an older flash for my praktica camera which I
wondering if it'll work on my *istD. It's an Starblitz
2500 BTZ. It has only the center connector in the
hotshoe and work as an auto-flash (light sensor on
flash). I'm worried if the flashvoltage could damage
the *istD. I've read on the net that newer pentax
cameras can handle up to 600 Volt. Is this true for
the *istD. And what about the other smaller connectors
for data in the hotshoe, they may get in contact with
the center pin. I measured the voltage on the
centerpin on the flash to about 60Volt when the flash
is charged. I talked to Pentax about it and their
answer was that I only should use Pentax flashes (of
course) and that modern pentax flashes could damage
older pentax bodies. I've searched the net for info on
this subject without much luck.

/Peter