I believe that it is the Republic of the United States of Mexico. At least that's
what I remember it being on a Mexican Coin I once had in my Collection.

At 04:54 PM 2/4/04, you wrote:
graywolf posted, among other things:
> Not to say, Republic of Mexico; Mexico, and Mexicans for short. Dominion of
> Canada; Canada, and Canadians for short. As it happens there are a lot of
United
> States in the world, but only one of them is the United States (political
> description) of America (location description).

Agree with your point, but just for the record, I think your first example is
officially known as the United States of Mexico. Anyone know for sure?

ERN
(resident of what was once, long before my time, the Republic of Texas)

I drink to make other people interesting.
-- George Jean Nathan