----- Original Message -----
From: "graywolf"
Subject: Re: photographer arrested

> Commercial photography which rightly should require a
permit is easy to id.

> First clue, there is an equipment van. Second clue,
there are 2 to 30 people
> involved. Third clue is huge relectors and light
blocking panals. 4th.. Props
> and prop wranglers. Then there are all the talent
hanging about. Etc, etc, etc.

> In other words major disruption of normal activites in
the area.

Well, no. Commercial photography could be one photographer
out shooting some sort of stock work, or for wall art.
You don't have to be on a scale of MGM to be commercial.

I have always asked at the park station if I am allowed to
use my 4x5 camera in the park.
Generally, after I assure them that I really am just a
casual snapshooter with a larger than normal camera, they
let me go as hard as I want. Sometimes they even tell me
of some lesser known parts that are quite scenic.
It pays to be a pro-active communicator.

William Robb