On 7 Feb 2004 at 11:57, William Robb wrote:

> I haven't adjusted my technique for the new camera, which
> may be contributing to the mess my sensor is in.
> I routinely forget to turn the camera off before
> dismounting the lens, almost always have the lens pointing
> up when I remove it, and rarely keep the camera in a
> gadget bag, choosing instead to leave it on a desk in the
> room beside where I am sanding drywall plaster.

I rarely switch the camera off between lens changes, never have, not going to
start now. My sensor has become a little dusty but I don't think holding it
down whilst changing lenses will help a great deal in any case, I sure most of
my dust was accrued on windy days. Cleaning CCDs is the price we pay for not
having to use film, not a problem here :-)

Cheers,

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998