"Jens Bladt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Fra: Mark Roberts [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>"Jens Bladt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>>Hi all
>>In MANUAL mode, the PZ-1/PZ-1p the TTL-flash metering works - even though
>>this is not mentioned in the instruction manual!
>>Does MZ-S work the same way, I wonder? Anyone knows?
>
>Yes, the MZ-S works the same way. In fact, you can do flash exposure
>compensation on the MZ-S with older flash units (older than the AF360
>FGZ, that is).
>
>Sounds great! How, exactly, Mark?

Set the MZ-S for manual exposure and adjust the shutter speed and
aperture to the desired settings for the shot you're going to take. Then
adjust the exposure compensation dial; to make the flash 1 stop under
ambient, set the dial to -1. Since the camera is on manual exposure,
this won't change the overall exposure, but the electronics in the
camera *will* make the *flash* underexpose by 1 stop. There you go. :)

(Note: Since you've set the shutter speed and aperture for the *correct*
exposure but set the exposure compensation dial to -1, the light meter
will think you're overexposing and will show a 1-stop *overexposure* in
the viewfinder display. This is normal.)

--
Mark Roberts
Photography and writing