Hello Ramesh,

A few years back, I had the Tokina.  It was quite good, too.  I don't
remember it being any sharper than this new Tamron.  It was quite a
bit heavier and didn't focus nearly as close.  No comparison on that
front.  Given the choice today (I had that choice), I went with the
Tamron.

--
Best regards,
Bruce