Hi @all,

I'm using this lens on my *ist-D as the single standard walkaround-lens,
or just adding the FA85 for concert photos.

No complaints here!
Focusses to 33cm (approx 1 foot) at all focal lenghts,
incredibly sharp even wide open - recommended!

Weight is only 0,5 kg (~18 oz), filtersize is 67mm - just like the FA24,
85 and 300 :-)
Extending barrel design:
Yes - but this also means, it's quite small @ 28 mm.
I'd rate overall build quality very high - the aperture ring feels much
better the the typical Pentax FA plastic ring like on the FA85!!!
More like on an old all-metal Takumar!
Focus feel is also _very_ nice for an AF-lens ( ~ like F*300/4.5)

This zoom made me forget my "only fixed focals" approach...and was much
more affordable than the SMC Pentax FA*28~70/2.8 : Only 399,- EUR here
in Europe.

You can find some testpics of my sample under
http://forum.digitalfotonetz.de/
looking for the tamron 28-75 thread, or here:

http://forum.digitalfotonetz.de/viewtopic.php?t=5516&start=0
(viewing the pics under Netscape 4.7.3 can cause problems there)

Testing wasn't "scientific", but should give an impression.
No samples done on film accordingly to date.

Grrtz,
Thomas