I bought my MZ-M used without the standard eyecup and
I used it this way.

Recently I bought the MZ-5n new (therefore, with
eyecup), and I am experiencing annoying reflections
from behind that I never had with the MZ-M . They are
similar to flare produced when pointng to the sun, but
this time the sun is at one side or behind. The
'flare' disappears when I put my hand next to my eye
covering the sun.

The other difference between the two bodies, appart
from the eyecup, is the optical correction in the eye
piece.

It is not logical that using the eyecup works worse
that not using it, so... can be the 'diopter'
correction the cause of these reflections?

I also have the impression that, without eyecup, I put
my eye closer to the eyepiece, avoiding light entry.
But this is precisely the mission of the eyecup, isn't
it?

Jaume