I think if you are using tele lenses often MLU is well worth having. I seem to remember shooting at 1/4 sec (or it was some similar slow speed) that MLU is advantageous also. My 645N doesn't have it and I don't notice any mirror vibration but it does have anti vibration mirror system. The wind can be more of a problem

Alan

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> How much better are the newer 67 bodies (67II) than the old? Is the MLU

and the metering that comes in the newer body worth the $$$? I've been wanting to get a MF body to do some B&W work, and these older 67 bodies are frequently offered on auctions for bargain prices. Is this a good way to get into MF inexpensively.

TIA

rg

Hi Robert.
I picked up a used 6x7 MLU,well worn but in good shape,about this time last year,plus the
90 LS lens. I thhink that the older bodies might be the best way to go until you see if you want to
spring up for the 67II etc.Its not overly heavy but fits nicely in my stubby fingers<g>I have good success
hand holding the 90 and 200 but if there is any wind at all,i use the mono.
I have the metered prism but dont use it much,mostly the hand helds or the spot.
I really like what i get as far as B&W negs and colour slides.Almost like being there.:-)

At first i debated after i bought it if i should have,but if i sell any gear this will
be
the last to go,for sure.
Dave Brooks