[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> A couple of years ago I bought a 6X7 kit, a body, four lenses
> and various filters and hoods all in good condition. The body
> is an early model with no MLU; I had it serviced by Harrow Technical.
>
> I'm amazed by the quality of the big negs, I've had no
> trouble with shake despite no lock-up (if you put the camera
> on B and trip the shutter a few times whilst hand holding you
> become aware that the major shutter/mirror shock is on the
> close of the exposure and therefore won't affect the image).
>
> Go buy a cheapy early one and you won't be disappointed.

I've had no problem with mirror shake on my non-MLU 6x7, but the longest
lens I have is the standard 105mm. At some stage - particularly with more
and more MF equipment coming on the market at reasonable prices - I would
like to get longer lenses and a 67II, as it's all interchangeable.

Cosmetically, mine shows it has had a hard life, but I haven't been anything
other than very impressed with the larger negatives, particularly slides
which is about all I take with it now. As nearly everyone goes for the MLU
version, this could prove to be quite a bargain purchase to those trying a
bigger format for the first time.

Malcolm