Hi,

one of the things I like about the Leica M bodies is that the top of
the camera is flush all the way across, except that the shutter
release sticks up by about 1mm within the cup-shaped guard. This is
not only nice aesthetically, it also has the great practical benefit
of being almost impossible to trigger accidentally and therefore
removes the need for a shutter release lock - a beautiful piece of
engineering & an example of keeping it simple, imo. I always keep the
camera wound-on and I've never accidentally fired the shutter of the
M3. My worry would be that the soft release, by sitting higher, interferes
with this and would lead to rather a lot of accidental firings. I'd be
interested to hear your experiences when you've had the softie a
while.

As an aside, I think that LX2000, and especially its softie, looks
horrible. A definite case of gilding the lily.

---

 Bob

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

[...]