Rob wrote:

RB> For some reason the old 'pressure on the shutter button'
RB> method seems to be out of fashion although Nikon seemed to resurrect it
RB> on the F80, but then not on the F65 for some reason.  I think they all
RB> want us to buy and keep upgrading their proprietry switches!

   Hi Rob,
   I wouldn't disdain the electric remote release. It induces no
vibrations at all (hard to say the same about some mechanical
releases, especially in the cold weather), it poses no limits of
length, and - in Pentax case - allows unmanned shooting via focus trap
feature. I don't see why F80 was given a mechanical shutter release,
perhaps only for a retro touch on a gizmo body. And btw, F65 has no
remote release provision at all.

   Servus, Alin