On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Tanya Mayer Photography écrit:
> > I do agree with Rob Studdert about the ease of deleting your entire memory
> > card and have almost done this a number of times myself, and have also
> > adopted Rob's strategy of never deleting in field to accomodate this. I also
> > agree that removal of the CF card sucks, even with my tiny little fingers.
> > I will be growing my fingernails slightly to counteract this! lol...
> >

> The first time I get a hand on the *ist D, I do not notice this thing, you
> know why ?
>
> Because there is a trick !!!
> The removal of the CF is plan to do this way : (I hope my english spoken
> will be good enough to explain it)
>
> You tilt the DSL in order that the CF is heading down.
> open the back, it is half stop by the handing rope (I do not know the
> english term of this thing)
> Then, you push the eject button.
>
> The CF this falling and stopped by the opened back.

This only works with some CF cards.  I have 3 of them, and it works
with one (a Ritek 512mb card).  The other two (Sandisk 256mb, Viking
128mb) are very slightly thicker and don't drop out.

You can make a little tail on the cards with a loop of scotch tape.
This will fold up out of the way when you close the CF door and
makes it a lot easier to remove the card.

alex