Hi,

Cotty wrote:

> On 24/2/04, [EMAIL PROTECTED] disgorged:

> >> It's a car engine heavily illuminated - the shot was grabbed at the 2002
> >> UK Motor Show at the National Exhibition Centre in Birmingham. Only time
> >> for 2 frames before the chap moved off. I kept the guy behind in the drop
> >> as it would have been a bit tight if he'd gone, and I don't do Digital
> >> Removal (tm) . Keeps it busy.
> >>
> >> Actually I think it's John Francis <g>
> >
> >Unless I'm very mistaken, the man is Leonard K. Setright, one of the
> >best vehicle (he writes about bikes and cars) journalists in the English
> >language.  To give you an idea of his capabilities, his book on BMWs is
> >called "'Bahnstormer".  Someone I have wanted to meet for a long time.
> >
> >mike
>
> Great Scott! It was press day, so the probability is very high. Not many
> with a beard like that.

Somewhere in my collection of motorcycle literature, I have a picture of
him (with only a goatee) on some hairyarsed Triton, wearing laceup
aviator boots, a Norfolk jacket, jodphurs, gauntlets, pudding basin and
goggles.  One of the few Englishmen with style.....

mike
who on a good day looks like a sack of potatoes.