On 1/3/04, TANYA THE SKINT disgorged:

>During the day I got phone calls from 3 separate newspapers looking for my
>pics.  So, I happily emailed them off, not asking for any $$ as I had
>already been  paid by the Mining Union and it was only like 15 minutes work.
>It would have been unethical to have been paid twice for the same job. I
>said as long as I got photo credit then I'd be happy for them to use it...

Congrats on the pic Tan, but you are living on a different planet to
those who value their work in financial terms.

Any time a photo is published, it should be paid for, regardless of how
much the original cost was. If you own the copyright, you collect the fee.

Do you think the managers of the newspaper dig into their own pockets
when taking a nice lunch at their club, complete with champagne? They'll
be toasting you though!

Sorry to be harsh.

Cheers,
  Cotty