Dave - several of the photos I pointed to recently were 80-200/2.8 shots.

See
http://home.earthlink.net/~smh645/NewShots/imageIndex.html

I must say I am amazed everytime I use this lens. I just wish I were strong enough to be able to carry it for any length of time...

I am afraid I cannot comment on your other questions. I look through the viewfinder, I don't look at it. That approach can be a failing or a blessing...

Stan

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Just wondering,anyone of the *istD owners use the Pentax 80-200 f2.8 or the
Sigma 70-200
(210??)f2.8 on the camera yet.Comments of image qualiy,especially the later.
Also what film camera can you liken the viewfinder to in terms of brightness,information
and barrel distortion.The later my main worry.

As always,thanks in advance

Dave