DJE,

Boz's site lists lots of Pentax zooms, but my recollection is the M40-80 was the first
in the M lens line.  Later some bigger, heavier, constant aperture zooms came
out...ending with the A28-135/4.  I recognize that some pre-M zooms like the 135-600mm
existed.

As for the screwmount stuff, I'm reading from old US promotional literature listing
available SMC lenses for your ESII.

Regards,  Bob S.

Quote from my original followed by DJE comment: