Something new (for me) that I got yesterday was an eBay spoof asking you to click on a link and "update" your personal info on eBay.

What was new was that the text was mixed into a long string of garbage with some sort of HTML formatting that only showed the intended message. SO this:

"duringnourgreguiarwupdatekandbverificationmofztheoaccounts,ywelcouidn'tt
verifynyourpcurrentvinformation.weitheriyourginformationmhashchangedcorp
itsiscincomplete.

"aswauresult,eyourmaccessttofbidzorabuyloneebayahaslbeenirestricted.ctoxs
tartbusingwebaybaccountgfully,xpieasehupdatesandjverifyoyoureinformation
ibyzciicki!"

Showed up as

"During our regular update and verification of the account, we couldn't verify.... etc..."

Seemed really odd (I only noticed the string of garbage when I highlighted the message to send it to [EMAIL PROTECTED]) I wonder why they bothered to encode the message that way - I doubt it anti-virus or even spam software somehow would block the unscrambled message...

- MCC

-----

Mark Cassino Photography

Kalamazoo, MI