Hi!

On the time line first we M42 lenses, then K lenses, then M lenses,
then A lenses, then F lenses, then FA lenses. So far so good <g>...

There is something that confuses me. Let us take for example 50/1.7
lens. As far as I understand the optical formula is precisely the same
through M, A, F, FA range. I am not certain about K, but probably K is
also the same as others. What changed with time was coating and mount
(electronics and such).

Now, I'd like to know how many of modern Pentax lenses are original!
optical design? It would seem that some lenses are carry over from
previous generations.

I have another question. One which is related to M vs K discussion and
such.

Some of the K and some of M lenses were very good optically. I mean in
terms of resolution, MTF charts, whatever spec minded people have in
their mind.

Why would Pentax then want to produce same lens (I mean focal length
and aperture) with different optical formula?

Also, I would like to know about computer involvement in lens design.
When it started? How it changed the world, so to say?

Now, I realize that if there would be a generous club member willing
to enlighten me as much as I am asking, it could be a long story. So
feel free to answer off-list...

Of course any link to a web site that has this information would do
just as nicely.

Thanks in advance.

Boris