>>>http://users.bestweb.net/~hchong/temp/

Very good shot, especially considering the distance and limited time
and equipment you had.  It's easy to get motion blur in those
conditions, but your shot appears as sharp as the lens would allow.

CAUTION, GORY PARAGRAPH:
Did you notice the little piece of meat in the beak has a thread
extending back to the body that hasn't popped free yet?  I once had a
pic of a vulture in the road pulling an intestine from a road kill
skunk, he had it extended like a piano wire about three feet long.
Someone at my wife's work saw it and got me to make an 8x10 for them -
what taste, I thought.
END GORY PARAGRAPH.

Wouldn't it be great if those animals all stayed around long enough
for us to get in position for the good light, and acted as if we
really weren't there so we could move into position?  And hung around
long enough for us to change to the good lens? Hmmm, I think I just
defined Zoo animals, or at least animals who are acclimated to human
contact, like this one, which was within ten feet of a patio with a
dozen picnic tables all full of people and kids wandering all around
the water's edge:
http://www.photolin.com/gulp/img0002.htm

--
John Mustarde