Luis Pinar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> "Assembly in the Court" by Gianfranco Irlanda:
>  The radial pattern is the first thing I notice. At
> first it seems chaotic, but then you can see the order
> there. Visually it reminds me of a sunflower macro
> shot. The wide angle view is what this scene calls
> for. There seems to be some light fall off at the
> corners (due to the lens?).

Hi Luis,
Thanks indeed for the kind comments.
About the light fall off: yes, it could be due to the lens. The Mir is not the
best lens in this respect, and I'm not really sure about the aperture setting
(I'm sure it was not wide open, in which case the corners would have been very
poor, but it could have been anything from f/4,5 to f/8 - the scene was a bit
dull, although the day was very sunny).

> Did you take any photos including what they
> were looking at?

Yes I did, but there is nothing very interesting: the students were looking at
the Chief of the Police making some statement about the occupied University
(you can see at the bottom of the frame a man with a videocamera recording the
scene). Another shot from above portrays the Chief of Police that goes away
ploughing his way through the crowd.

Gianfranco