tom wrote:

> I never thought I'd hear you say something was too sharp!

What I'm looking for is a certain grain pattern and "roughness" that
is attainable with TX.  I've not seen that with Reala or Supra 100.

> Well, portra is slightly less sharp than supra, from what I've seen
> (maybe 200 rolls of portra vs. 5 rolls of supra). The NC version has
> lower contrast too. Maybe Portra 400 NC would work? It definitely has a
> more 'muted' color pallette than the VC or Supra.

OK - you've given me some ideas.  I'll grab a roll of Portra (I have
a roll of VC, so I'll get some NC as well) and see how they work
out.  You mentioned Fujipress as well.  Sounds like it may have some
possibilities.

Thanks Tom ... at least I've got a starting point.

--
Shel Belinkoff
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]