I just got my Nomad Muvo 2 and removed its Hitachi 4-gb microdrive according
to the instructions at http://www.pcconsultant.com/microdrive.htm
It required a simple size No. 0 Philips precision screwdriver to complete
the disassembly.

Then I put the drive in the *istD, formatted it from the camera menu, and
went shooting. Success. Hooray. Everything looks great. 991 pics available
on the card in ***L mode, 223 tiff, 282 RAW.

Total cost $188 from Dell, which is pretty inexpensive for 4 gb of camera
storage.

Alas, when I went to buy another yesterday, I could no longer find the Nomad
Muvo2 4gb MP3 player on the Dell web site.  Rats.  Now my D100 is feeling
like a second class citizen with its puny little 1 gb card.

Note: others wishing to use this drive should review the many messages at
dpreview.com storage and media forum.  Since my ancient computer hiccupped
at upgrading the Muvo firmware, and I was not trying to retain the player
itself, I simply bypassed the step of upgrading its firmware, which means
any future use of the player may require extra effort to get it back to
working order.  Also, there is some mention that the D100 formats only 2 gb
instead of the full 4 gb.  In that case, the drive must be formatted with a
Win 98 or 2000 computer rather than in-camera.  But the *istD shines with
this drive - pop in the drive, hit Format from the Menu, and go shooting
with 4 gb of storage.

--
John Mustarde
www.photolin.com

I just did the same, 10 minutes to remove and reassemble the MuVo. The *istD
and I are very happy bunnies....

Now I have a spare battery, might just get another to use as a WMA player,
4GB will get around 80 albums onto this little baby from our collection,
will be great for holidays and travelling.

Regards,

Ziggy