We had a couple of nice warm days last week, and the snow melted (quickly replaced by an inch of new stuff, though.) I managed to get out a couple times and take the 6x7 for a spin.

From my first roll of color film (NPS) here's a shot from the Northpoint Conservation Area, a brambly woods on the inland side of some sand dunes on the Lake Michigan shore:

http://www.markcassino.com/paw/northpoint.jpg

That was shot with the 55mm f4. I'm really impressed by the level of detail - mostly lost in this small JPG. A 12 x 18 print of the full scan (roughly a 55 megapixel image) shows a remarkable level of detail in the ground cover and distant twigs.

After shooting that I drove around to the lakeshore proper a few miles north to get this shot of the wind whipped waves breaking over the remnants of this winter's ice dunes:

http://www.markcassino.com/paw/lakeshore.jpg

In a large print you can see the houses in the pine trees that make up the dark bar along the shore, which break up the horizontal dark band. The sun was punching through holes the clouds and just shimmering on the ice and water in a few places during an otherwise dark day, making metering with a hand held meter a real challenge - the reflective reading would jump around 3 or 4 stops in a matter of minutes depending on where and how much of the sun was breaking through. First time I missed TTL metering! This was shot with a 150 f2.8 on Tri-X.

Comment and feedback appreciated -

MCC
-----

Mark Cassino Photography