> Hi Joachim.
>
> I think those are very different lenses both in purpose and in
> performance.
> The handling of the 85/2 is great for me, especially on a smallish
> camera as the Program A I own.
> The long throw of the focusing helicoid is very useful when you're
> trying to set the exact point of focus on a close subject at f/2. A
> portrait with a sharp nosetip and soft eyes is not really good, is it?
>
> Flavio

Hi Flavio, exactly my point. They serve differnet purposes. It is just
that they have a number of things in common:

- Both a quite affordable in comparison to other lenses in that range
- Similar focal length
- Similar speed

Since the Tamron is easier to come by, slightly less expensive and
offers close focusing over the Pentax there is a strong tempation to
buy it over the Pentax. I wanted to point out that there are areas,
where the Pentax has a clear edge over the Tamron, which might be
easily overlooked. I am not saying the Tamron is a bad lens. Its
optics is actually good and from my experience it handles actually
quite reasonable, even in those situations where the Pentax has an edge.