I just measured the filter holder, and it's actually about ~63mm accross.
I'm not sure what size filter it originally held because it's not marked,
and I got it used with a 49mm filter in it which I'm guessing wasn't the
original filter that went in it.  Anyway, it's a good fit.

BTW, the 24mm F3.5, the 100mm F2.8 Macros, and the A* 200mm F4 Macro all
take 58mm filters.  You know you want one :)

The ME does have a really nice viewfinder.  Considering how small the ME
is, I don't buy the excuse that a viewfinder like this can't be put into a
AF camera because it would make the camera too big.  The magnification is
.98x, which I think is the highest of any Pentax 35mm SLR?  IIRC the MX has
.97x and the ME Super has .95x.

Todd