Hi,

> It's not a matter of the neck strap being "unacceptable", as much as
> inconvenient.  I really like the strap on the LX:  it's just the right
> length that it can wrap around my wrist a couple of times, and I can hold
> the camera in my right hand as I walk, ready to shoot.

> Because the Leica is smaller, has no grip, and the strap is the wrong
> length, it's not such a good fit.

I've always liked the LX strap, and wish it fit easily on the Leicas
now that I no longer have an LX. It works very well on the MX too.

I also like the Leica straps, but the problem with them is that they
don't swivel, and I don't like having a twisted strap.

What I use, and you might like them if you haven't already tried them,
are Domke 1" Gripper straps. They are the perfect width - about the same
as the LX. They swivel. They're made from very robust materials, although
thicker than the LX. You can easily change the length to suit your
tastes. I also wrap them round my wrist quite often.

--
Cheers,
 Bob